Monday, September 15, 2008



Hello Everyone!!

I just wanted to update you all on my situation here this last few weeks. I have started full time now that I am settled in, and by that, I mean putting in lots of over-time. Last night I was with a brother here who is running one of our Soup Kitchens. I was completely blessed as we spent time with over one hundred kids that show up every day to his church from all naround his neighborhood. It was such a blessing to be with the kids and volunteers who use all the food that I have been working on getting shipped down into Paraguayl. The volunteers at the church had become like family to these kids. It did not take long to know that there was a genuin love for these kids there. The Pastor, his wife and the cooks gave so much of their lives to see that the kid's needs were met. Not only are they feeding them once a day, but they have guitar classes, sports programs, and are continually showing them the love of Christ. One of his volunteers, Marta, is there every day from 3 O clock until 7 pm. No matter if it's raining or beating down sun, even when she is sick the pastor told me she has been there for the kids.
They started the program just two years ago feeding 1 day a week, but they did not stay there. The Pastor had a dream of someday being able to feed the kids every day. Soon they heard about our feeding program, and knew that this was an answer to their prayer. Now every day a range of vegetables, rice, noodles, and fruit are fead to these kids. The Pastor has a big vision, and last night we initiated plans on trying to get sewing machines down to him, In this way he can teach the mothers a trade as seamstresses so they can help provide for their families! Please pray for these kids, and what God is doing through the soup kitchen to bless their community.

Also pray for safty and protection!! Last wednesday, my car was broken into and robbed while I was at home. I had the entire amount of travelers checks stolen from me that were going to pay for my vehicle. I was trying to find a bank that would exchange them and my assumption is that I got followed home from one of the banks or that there was an inside informant telling the thieves. Unfortunitley, because I had already signed the checks ( to deposit them into my bank account), it is unlikely that I will recuperate the money. But please keep this situation in prayer as it will take 40 days for the bank to decide what to do with my case.

Thank you so much for your continall suport. I know that right now I am at the front of the battle lines, and that Satan will continue to try to discourage me and try to make me pack up and go home. But my trust remains in God who is more powerful than any attack that the ememy can throw at me. There are so many more things I would love to tell you about what I see God doing every day here, but I will continue to be in touch!

God Bless,

Judah AIA Sports clinic that are just starting up. Every Saturday Morning we have churches gather the kids from their neighborhoods to play soccer and hear the meesage of Christ..



After a good game of soccer, a child prays to accept Christ




This is a soup kitchen that is starting outside of town. Close to one hundred kids gather every night to have a good meal!

Local soccer game!

Why did anyone ever invent forks anyways? This is also at the soup kitchen!

No comments: